Drum Secrets 1 is a series of clear, concise tutorials suitable for beginners and advanced students alike. Originally published as an iPhone App, it is now available to all drummers as an online course.
Included here are some of the often overlooked methods and techniques which make the difference between sounding OK and sounding really great.
Topics include stick control, coordination, timekeeping and... a LOT more!
All the videos are supported with PDF files for the student to print out and keep. All the musical exercises have accompanying MP3 backing tracks.
Here are some testimonials left in the App Store:
- Sam is a phenominal teacher! The way in which he explains his concepts in these videos is undeniably relatable to any drummer. Rookie, veteran - it doesn't matter. There is plenty here for everyone.
- At last someone who can really TEACH instead of just showing off! SO glad I found this guy!
- How refreshing to hear and see drum technique tutorials presented in such a clear, logical, and easy to follow way.
- This guy makes it SO clear and simple even I could understand what was going on. The way the backing tracks work with the PDF material is sheer teaching genius.
- It's a great intro/overview/refresher regardless of skill level, presented in a clear and professional manner; i didn't find myself getting bored as with some other instructional videos.
- Well produced, loads of great material and Excellent teaching and playing. It is just genuine solid stuff and ridiculous value for money.
- His unique approach and advice on fun ways to learn (specifically regarding practise!) also make it great to those with more experience
- I've learnt more with these tutorials than any other tuition. Cheers!
- I sincerely don't think you will ever get a better value resource of top-tier drum knowledge than DS1 and 2. Great presentation, super useful stuff and thoughtful accompanying materials.
- This is the best value drum lesson on the planet (and I've been a nerd drummer for over a decade).
- Focused videos, professional but relaxed delivery, 10 well structured lessons and magnificent PDF and MP3 support. You would need to spend hundreds of pounds with a drum teacher to get this much advice and guidance! An absolute gem - well done Sam, and many thanks for making DS2 so good!
- Absolutely golden in content. Would be value for money at ten times the price.
- Once again after watching your lessons I'm again asking myself "why did I find that difficult before"- really helpful in learning to read and understand notation.
Sam Brown graduated from Berklee College of Music where he studied under Skip Hadden (Weather Report) Bill Norine (Dizzy Gilespie) Joe Hunt (Bill Evans) and many more.
He has worked around the globe as a professional player, arranger and instructor and has become a leading figure in the musicians' self-help field. His work with accelerated learning methods, hypnosis and Neuro Linguistic programming makes Sam one of the most effective teachers in the profession. You will learn some of Sam's best-kept secrets here in this course.